jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Please Help Me Understand StumbleUpon Views

1. Michael J Rapp profile image60
    Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago

I've experimented with sharing my work on StumbleUpon.  I get a handful of views in my stats here at HP, but then it dies out in a day or so.  Thing is, at StumbleUpon it still shows my views as zero.  Why would that be?

I'm just wondering if these views, as miniscule as they are, are legitimate views or if they are some kind of oddity that doesn't really count.

???

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Views from all social bookmarking sites are like that, I hardly spend any time doing all this.. but there my be others who differ...

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When you are browsing Stumbleupon, you will notice the url is not a "direct" link to your page or to the page you are viewing.  It has added StumbleUpon stuff in there. I am sure that this would effect your stats as well.

2. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 4 years ago

Google adsense is aware of such surfing sites and discards any traffic landed from the FRAME. So for your google adsense earning, this type of traffic is useless. I am not sure if people buy through amazon/ebay from their stumbleupon discovery or dash but I have seen people using it just like delicious, i.e. to bookmark other sites.

3. Michael J Rapp profile image60
    Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago

Belated thanks for the replies on this.  Still not sure if I like StumbleUpon or not.  It does seem like somewhat of a waste of time, but it's pretty easy to do.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86

Well my traffic stats do show traffic from SU, and if they hit the hubs they will see the ads, so it may pay off.  It is easy to do.  I have a few others do it for me, for my hubs.

1. Michael J Rapp profile image60
        Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do your views register the StumbleUpon site too?  That was my confusion. I see traffic coming in at HubPages from StumbleUpon, but I don't see it registering when I go there.  In other words, I may get 10 views according to my HP stats, but at SU it still says my hub has 0 views.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86

That I have never checked into Michael. I have not viewed my SU account that closely.  I never actually thought of it that way...always as a link to my hubs/articles and such.

Okay, I just went and looked.   You are correct! All my submits show "0" views... Hmm...I wonder if that has anything to do with the ranking on SU of those submits.

working