jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Republishing of Hubs to website?

1. wlionpage profile image62
    wlionpageposted 4 years ago

If anyone republish my Hubs to their website with giving Credit link to my Hubs then What can I do for that and What help hubpages.com can do for me or hubs republishing allows if re-publisher gives link credit to hub.

Hubs republishing allows to other sites allows or not.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

It is not allowed without your permission. You need to ask the other site to take the copy of your hub down, possibly file a DMCA complaint. HubPages cannot really help you with that.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

If you wrote it - You own it.. so you can do whatever you like!

If you don't want your work elsewhere and they steal it - without your permission - with or without a link back to you - you can demand it taken down. Effectively they are Redirecting YOUR Traffic anyway.. so consider that when you have them remove your work and it's incoming link. 

Really they are like Fleas on Dog and rarely contribute to your success... so file your DMCA and keep your work exclusive. Check out the learning center here!

4. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

You are not allowed to have hubs published elsewhere it is called duplicate content. Nor to copy information from other people's writing and publish it here or elsewhere. If they just post a link to your hub pages articles then that is OK.

I must congratulate you on your editing as your hubs are of a much higher standard of writing than your post here.

5. mrslagibb profile image66
    mrslagibbposted 4 years ago

Does this mean you cannot republish your own work from your own hub else where is this called duplicate when you own the copy right. even when you use a different pen name.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HubPages can only control duplicate content by unpublishing hubs that were first published on other sites, then published here. HubPages cannot prevent Hubbers or others from posting hubs on other sites, subsequently, nor do they penalize it. But from a business point of view, original content is best.