jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Recovering from Panda?

1. kev8 profile image76
    kev8posted 4 years ago

I was severly hit by Panda last year and I now want to bring my account back to its old self. I was reduced from an average of about 350-400 hits a day to 20-30 hits a day. I havent had much time since to work on fixing it up. I will be putting some hours into over the next few weeks.
    Any advice on what exactly I should do?Which hubs should go and which should stay?What kind of new content is performing well?

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. ElizaDoole profile image89
    ElizaDooleposted 4 years ago

Quick suggestion off the top of my head from viewing your profile page ... you need to include more images. The pink mountain scene, which is also your profile pic, is on virtually all of your hubs. It makes them seem like they are all on the same topic. I know they are not, but the internet is such a visual medium, your viewers may yawn and pass your hubs over.

Just my thoughts ...

1. kev8 profile image76
      kev8posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks very much for that. I will go adding new pictures. I guess I was focused just on mass producing articles pre-panda and images was something I just forgot. Thank you for the reminder and taking the time to contribute.

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

If I have understood discussions on this forum correctly, I think that the "Buy xxx online" style of hub and hub title is now considered to be very detrimental to a subdomain.

1. kev8 profile image76

Cool, will remove my buy articles. Thanks for contributing!

4. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

There doesn't seem to be an answer that works for everyone as some superb writers are still stuck in Panda limbo despite following the generally accepted advice. Here's what worked for me:

-Reduce Ads as much as possible - I went for about 1 Amazon Ad for every 500 or so words - I removed probably on average 70% of all ebay and amazon ads.
    -Improve or add quality pictures
    -Add summaries (still adding)
    -Revise (and in some cases remove) key words, key phrases and long tails
    -Remove poor quality articles

1. kev8 profile image76

Thank you very much for that. Very good advice there. Will try follow these guidelines. Appreciate the help!

5. LoriSoard profile image80
    LoriSoardposted 4 years ago

My advice is probably not conventional. I say write high-quality hubs, remove low quality (or rewrite them) and stop worrying about Google. They can and will change their ranking algorithms constantly. If you try to write to what they want, you'll never get any new content. Yes, it's good to understand the current rankings, but I don't write to them. Instead, I figure if I write high quality content that readers want to read, then Google is going to rank me high. I do use the title tuner and I always research keywords, but ultimately, if I want to write something and the keywords aren't there, I write it anyway. My income isn't great yet, but it is steadily increasing each week.

Good luck however you decide to handle it. smile

1. kev8 profile image76

Thank you very much for that LoriSoard!Appreciate you taking the time to reply!