jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

people asking for money to help pay bills

1. roshall profile image80
    roshallposted 4 years ago

I have just been ask to pay some ones bills this person has come to me before on another site . Can this be handle by administrations.

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 4 years ago

Did you try .... saying, No?

3. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

LOL, at least you don't get people come up to you in the street and ask for money like in Newport where I live.

4. SimeyC profile image86
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

Hey if anyone wants to pay my bills....start with my mortgage and work down! LOL sadly there's nothing anyone can do - simply ignore the email!

5. roshall profile image80
    roshallposted 4 years ago

i just do not understand people like this. We all need help at one time or another but to have the gull to approach someone in this manner just burns my britches.and to top it off i feel like she is stalking me through the web because she ask before at another site that i was on. Am i just paraniod or what???

6. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

If anyone has the urge to pay anyone's bills please contact me directly and I will provide you somewhere safe to keep your money for the next few hundred years!

1. roshall profile image80
      roshallposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL  thanks needed good laugh.

7. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 4 years ago

My guess would be that this is plain old spam, and you were not the only one who received a message. 

I recall getting an email one time from a popular hubber (she and I had previously emailed many times) asking for money.  I immediately knew it was not her and contacted her at another email address.  Her email account had been hacked.

Call it spam and ignore it.  This will likely not be the last time you receive such a message...

8. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

There's no need to involve administrations. If you politely decline, I'm sure they won't ask again. I had someone ask for donations on one of my Hubs (not a Hubber)...I didn't reply but I didn't delete the comment either. Maybe someone else could donate.

Some people are genuinely broke. (obviously, some are spam.)

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I imagine it will happen again, just to other people.  I'd report it.