jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How Does One Get Rid Of A URL ON Google?

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
    Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago

I have taken down a few hubs which I want to rewrite. I may give them different titles. How do I take the old title off of Google? Thanks.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Use the Google URL removal tool after you have unpublished your articles. It takes about 24 hrs to be removed. Be aware though that you will lose all the aging of the article by re-writing it from scratch with a new URL, and you are probably better off simply unpublishing the article, giving it a new title (although the URL will remain the same), editing it as you want to, and then republishing it.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … mp;rlf=all

2. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago

Nobody looks at the URL, so just leave it, otherwise you'll lose the aging and the higher Google ranking an "aged" hub already has. But go ahead and change the title if you want, because people will look at that, and rewrite to your heart's content! cool

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
      Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

OK, thanks mistyhorizon and JamaGenee. I was thinking maybe I could just rewrite and rename, as it's a subject which can be explained in many different ways. I'm not happy with the first one, I liked it when I was newer, but now as I go back see it's not all that good!