jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

What is a realistic number for a hub to have daily?

1. 0
    kelleywardposted 4 years ago

I'm new here and have several hubs that have around 8-10 views per day and one or two that have 50-130 per day. What is a realistic number of views a hub should have a day in order to be seen by Google or other search engines? Also if you have a chance could you check out my profile or hub for any suggestions you have on how I can make improvements. Thanks!

1. rmcrayne profile image94
      rmcrayneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think at the one year mark I had about 200 hubs, and had just started to hit around $100 per month AdSense (before Panda, and HP Ads).  I think at that time I had two hubs that averaged about 20 views a day, and they didn't really make me any money.  I went to HubCamp in Houston last March.  Robin said 20 views per day on any given hub was pretty good.  Obviously those making a living online would not consider 20 views a day to be a big success.  But there are others of us who are running a marathon, not a sprint and consider ourselves to be doing pretty well. 

Your single greatest problem as I see it is a lack of patience.  smile  Maybe you’re not in the same class, and that’s fantastic.  Maybe you should read sunforged, Susana S, thisisoli, etc.

1. 0
        kelleywardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you are right. I have one speed and it's fast... Thank you for answering my question

1. rmcrayne profile image94
          rmcrayneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

kelley I can totally relate.  Would you believe I didn’t even sign up for AdSense for 3 months, because I didn’t want to drive myself nuts obsessing about a few pennies, checking stats every 3 minutes!  My advice, spend your greatest amount of HubPages time allowance in researching and writing hubs.  Then set some limits for yourself on the obsessing.  And personally, I no longer bother with bookmarking and such.  For me it just wasn’t worth the effort.  Just write when you can.  You never know which hubs are going to catch on.

1. 0

Rmcrayne you are so right it can be addictive to check!! Thanks for your advice!!

2. GinnyLee profile image93
    GinnyLeeposted 4 years ago

I like to compare it to the averages for the site:  http://hubpages.com/stats/

Of the 1.2M hubs published, only a bit more than 1/3 of them get 10 or more views per MONTH....

I would say you are doing quite well!

1. 0

Learning something new all the time I didn't know how to check those stats! Thanks

2. Bendo13 profile image84
      Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's a pretty cool stat list!

It was a bit of an ego boost when I noticed that 10 of my hubs fit in that 1,000+ bracket when not even 1% of the published hubs are in that range.

And 76 of my hubs are in the 100+ range, when only about 6% of the hubs are in that range.

Now I have a goal of getting at least one hub in that 10,000+ range so that I can be in the .06% club... you coming with me kelleyward?

1. 0

You bet!!

working