jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I was told that I have Amazon & other capsules in the 1st position

1. terihagh profile image60
    terihaghposted 4 years ago

I was asked to review an automatically generated warning and correct a problem in my hub if possible. I was further told to click on the warning to learn more. Here's how the message appeared - "WARNING: You have an Amazon, eBay, Link, Rss, News, or Comments capsule in the first position
    Hubs with these capsules in the first full width position are considered to be substandard. Empty capsules are ignored. Please revise your hub to fix this problem."

Someone should please help me by indicating what I'm suppose to click inorder to clear up this problem. I am quite new to hubpages. I don't seem to know how to go about correcting this error which might lead to my hub becoming unpublished.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I guess this is a warning that appears before you even start writing your hub... This is a recent change.... don't worry about ... just write. but make sure that none of those capsules are up there on the top right... that is the favored place of Google ads. Add as many capsules as possible to make the content  presentation attractive.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Hi Terihagh smile you need to be in 'EDIT' mode. Top left corner of the hub, if you're on the page or click on EDIT button under 'my account'. I think it's referring to your amazon capsule coming before your text capsule hmm just move it around using the green arrows smile hope that helps. I'd suggest moving your amazon capsule to a 2nd text capsule to allow adsense ads to be nearer the top of you hub smile hope this helps.

Edit - go to the Learning Centre --> http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents 

to learn about HP smile

1. terihagh profile image60
      terihaghposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sofs and Dame Scribe, thanx alot, you guys are awesome. The information you've both given has enabled me to clear up the mess I was so bothered about.

1. sofs profile image86
        sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Glad that you have sorted this out. Now enjoy your writing and welcome to HP, which I should have said first! smile