jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

New to HubPages; Welcome Advice

1. GreatToysMall profile image79
    GreatToysMallposted 4 years ago

Hi, all. My friend, Cameron Corniuk just recently convinced me to finally give HubPages a try. I know he'll give me what advice he can, but he is busy and often admits he doesn't know everything and different things work for different people. So, I'm stopping by to say "hi" and encourage you to drop by my hubs--I only have one so far, but hope to try and add one ever few days at most--and feel free to give me any advice you think will help out in making time here more rewarding.

1. Cameron Corniuk profile image89
      Cameron Corniukposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry. I think it looks good and was glad I could help where I did. Finished product looks excellent. Can't wait to see what the next one is myself, but that's admittedly because I'm a geek.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

I think you should have put this in the extreme hub makeover part of the forum.

If you get confused it is a good idea to read the learning centre first as it is easier to advise someone once they have read those facts.

Anyway welcome to Hubpages, and having read your first hub, I am sure that you will have a good future here, just keep on writing

1. Cre8tor profile image97
      Cre8torposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Welcome to HubPages and nicely done for your first go. I do concur with Case1...be sure to post things in the right forums. The learning center can help a lot and you don't want to accidentally cause an issue with posting things in the wrong areas.

1. Cameron Corniuk profile image89
        Cameron Corniukposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You might both be right, but then someone needs to better define the difference between the two forums or the two need to be merged, because the other place he had it posted was specifically about how to improve hubs by attracting traffic and making money. That's got a slew of questions there. This one is just general "how to make hubs better." I would've gotten just as confused.

1. GreatToysMall profile image79
          GreatToysMallposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I was a bit confused. They both seemed to be pretty much about the same thing. I was really looking for how to get the traffic, because that's what will make my time here most rewarding. I'm not sure I understand yet where the line is drawn between the two.

3. beezico profile image80
    beezicoposted 4 years ago

GreatToysMall, you are welcome to a great writing community. We all asked the same questions at some point and got led of by caring hubbers. For one thing, the Hubpages TOS should be the first learning, then tutorials can follow and the use of forums to ask questions like you have done now, ultimately by serendipity every other thing will fall into place.

working