jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Unrelated Links or Products

1. CJ Andrews profile image88
    CJ Andrewsposted 4 years ago

I am getting confused on this flag.  I published a 5 part series called "Hubber Advice: " followed by the topic.  This specific one is about finding topics.

The links in the hub are as follows:

Moleskin small notepad - I mention this is what I keep my ideas and thoughts in so I put an ebay cap by it.

I have an amazon.com link to a book that has 1,000 topics (they all them prompts) but it has 1,000 well thought out topics in the book.

I make a comment about War of the Worlds and put a link on it so if someone doesn't know what I am talking about it takes them to the IMDB.  There is no affiliation or revenue or anything here.  Just to inform someone who might not know about the movie.

Google Trends, because it talks about the search trends.

RSS feed to my "hottest" hubs

And a link to the other hubs in the series.

I emailed hubpages and no response, I made changes to some of the links (the eBay links were to online writing before so I changed it to one product that only involved topics and I took off an amazon.com capsule that was about online writing and didn't replace it w/ anything.)

So no answer from the first email, I changed it to what I saw, and hubpages unpublished it again.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thoroughly confused

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How long ago did you email the team?

CJ Andrewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They ended up responding that it was the RSS feed.  So I went through and customized them instead of using generic latest or hot tags that HP uses.  All is good now, I should have posted that it was resolved.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I got the same email hmm unrelated link to my topic tongue and had to change it also. I got the 'enlighten me, my wrong' email AFTER the notice of violation hmm

CJ Andrewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Overall, a little annoying that I wasn't informed at all.  And then they flagged it and didn't respond to the first email.  But I think they are doing it to help hubpages with google search engines.  Links that are relevance wouldn't be considered spam or something and get better listings.