jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Lost HTML Capacity-Please help!

1. Missing Link profile image82
    Missing Linkposted 7 years ago

The HTML icon under edit has disappeared.  I want to enter some text affiliate links to my content but cannot.  This morning the HTML icon and capacity under edit was there but now it is not.  I think when I had HTML capacity this morning I somehow deleted important code from the text and this is what made HTML go away?

I don't want to start my hub all over again.  Is there anyway I can bring HTML capacity back to my existing hub?  Maybe the icon is somehow hiding?

Totally stuck and somewhat frustrated!

Please help!!

Thanks, Link

2. larryfreeman profile image85
    larryfreemanposted 7 years ago

Hi Missing Link,

The HTML button only appears for the new text editor (Version 3).  When  you edit your profile, you have a choice of choosing the new editor (Version 3) or the old editor (Version 2).

I've updated your profile so that you are using Version 3 of the text editor.  You will now find the HTML button again.

By the way, when you want to add links, you can do this using the link button or by using the link capsule.  So, even in Version 2, you are able to add the links that you want.

3. 74
    Joe Russposted 7 years ago

Joe here, I need help with hyperlinks in Hub Pages. I tried to put a hyperlink in my Hub Page that would take a visitor to another website, in this case, Clickbank.  I got the code in there and the anchor text worked but when I published it, yes you could click on the anchor text and go to the website but the rest of the html code was visible on the page. When I do this same thing in Squidoo with the same code and anchor text,  all you can see is the clickable text, which is the way it should be. What am I missing? If you will check out the Hub Page I'm talking about. It is
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Guitar-Lessons-Plus. If you want to, go to one of my squidoo sites and you'll see a bunch of links I did there the same way, and they work fine. I'm a little confused.
    Anything you can add to help will be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Joe Russ
    <snipped email address>

4. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

If you want to input links through HTML, you have to open the HTML editor in the text capsule.  If you don't see the little HTML button there, check on the "edit my profile" page of your account to be sure you are using Version 3 of the text capsule.