jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Revising older hubs

1. 0
    gogogoposted 4 years ago

Is it better to unpublish the hub I want to revise, and then Publish after I am finished, or should I just click edit, revise and then click done editing
    Thanks for any and all help

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I also just use edit, never unpublishing.  If it needs a lot of work, work it up in another editor like Word or something, then use edit and copy/paste.  That is what I will do and it has worked out well for me so far.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

I never unpublish when I am editing

1. 0
      gogogoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that is a help, I have also used only edit, and revise, but I have a hub that needs a lot of work, and just wondered which would be better

3. 0
    gogogoposted 4 years ago

Thanks Dale that is a big help

4. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Unpublishing makes your hub loose whatever it has gained in terms of aging. It is an option only if you are planning to get that hub out of the www.seraches for whatever reasons. EDIT, edit as much as you can. Change the title if need be... do not unpublish if you plan to have the hub back.. does not make sense.

5. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

Unpublishing might hurt your search engine rankings also

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference if you unpublish for a few days. The only way unpublishing can hurt is if you unpublish long enough for it to disappear from the Google cache, and that can take weeks.

To the OP, I don't unpublish either, but do remember that viewers can see your changes, even if you haven't finished making them, because each capsule auto-saves as you make the changes, even before you are finished and click on 'save'.

6. 0
    gogogoposted 4 years ago

Thank you all, that is excellent information, I will be sure to only edit.

7. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Depends on how bad it is!  If you aren't getting traffic then you really don't have much to lose either way!  smile

8. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 4 years ago

Sometimes it helps. Sometimes it doesn't help.

9. 0
    gogogoposted 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who gave me advise Appreciate it

10. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

Sarcasm warning.

Given that the average searcher seems unaware of what the f--- they were looking for or are unable to read - I could edit my stuff into a random sequence, put a picture of a naked nun on there, type three pages of Swahili, and it would make no difference at all.

I used to be worried that something was half edited.  Someone might be looking.

Look.  They don't pay to view, most of them don't stay or do anything - I don't think it matters.

Having said that I do believe that quality counts and the customer is king.

Just occasionally the shop is being refitted - so deal with it.

1. alezafree profile image85
      alezafreeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I enjoyed your sarcasm because I think your point is a valid one (and I just generally enjoy sarcasm). I get annoyed when a shop is being refitted. That being said, it doesn't stop me from coming back. A naked nun, on the other hand ...

11. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

I am picky.  I got to about 210 Hubs in less than 7 months and hacked away at the Hubs that I could not stand.  If I don't like my articles to the point where I won't work on them, I have no problem getting rid of them.  My writing here is not something I'll stay attached to like friends.  I can let go.  I unpublished the creative writing that I had written when I first started.  I had about 27 chapters, but with those gone, I am able to concentrate on what I do have.  My focus is on writing articles, now, and they have made a big difference in what I've been earning.  I will not publish book reviews or creative writing on my HubPages account.  Those did not do well at all.