jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

frustrated need help please

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Hi, Kelley - I'm one of your followers and I've read several of your hubs!  You're a very good writer, and your hubs have facts and details that some hubs here lack; those are solid strengths. After reading your question, I went back and read a few to see if and ideas came to mind.  It sounds like your traffic is really pretty good - from what I can tell, it takes a long while to get the kinds of views per day that earn revenue. 

If I were to suggest any changes (not that anything needs changed), maybe use more personal anecdotes where possible, so the hubs have a one-on-one feel to them (which seems to be a style readers like here).  This would help in hubs that sound a bit academic (almost like they could be term papers), and perhaps entice readers more. 

Some hubs seem to have large blocks of text with few pictures. I noticed you mentioned adding photos, and I think that will help. Online readers do better with smaller blocks of text rather than big chunks that are all words.  I had to revise a few of my hubs & I just cut text from one capsule & moved it to another so I could add photos and headers.  This made things flow better, I thought. 

Those are just a few ideas - but more than anything, don't lose faith in your skills - you are a very good writer!  And you're a great member of the site!

1. 0
      kelleywardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mary You are so correct. the hardest thing for me is to change my style of writing from my academic days to what is more readable. Thanks for the suggestions I really appreciate it.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

I wonder why the original post was deleted.

1. 0

Sorry I screwed something up on my cell and deleted it. I asked for help because my hubs that had lots of views have been down so I edited and added original pictures and they fell further. I think it's because I created too many back links and got placed in google sandbox I'm just learning all this. I thought back links were good but now I'm not so sure.  Again sorry .

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Worse things have happened. You have come off to a strong start here, apparently. Good luck! Thanks for explaining.

1. 0