jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Orphan Hub

1. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Alright, I have ... well, quite a few tongue lol tongue I thought when they were written, and use the category and sub-category thingy tongue that Hubs were then 'grouped'. So how did these 'orphans' end up as such? tongue

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bet you have 208! lol

Orphans are hubs that you have not put into your own custom groups.  As the number of hubs grows it is increasingly convenient to group them in your own groups that you name.  With your 200 hubs, you would find it much easier to locate any individual hub; the stats page includes a search function that will list only hubs in any chosen group.

By doing so HP also provides a link to others in the same group at the bottom of the hub, just under the vote up - vote down buttons.  I think all of mine are grouped (they should be) - if you look at one and scroll to the bottom, just before the comments section, you can see this linking effect.  Not my RSS feed, but a link to just a couple of hubs with arrows right and left to see others.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60

Hi Wilderness smile not all 208 of my hubs lol but still do have a lot tongue I'm only asking this because - some time ago- there was a upgrade of some sort, 2010? and I had filed them, every one of them and here I am facing another set yikes there's got to be a faster way to do this rather than spend 100 hours tongue lol can't there be a lil window pop up box to make or offer suggestions? sad I mean, 100 hours, geez tongue

There is an easier way than visiting each hub.

On the stats page, go to "hubs" followed by "groups".  This lists all your hubs and current groups.  You can drag and drop them wherever you want.

You can also assign a group when you write the hub; the button is near the "tag" button.

And thanks - I found 4 of mine that were orphans; it took 30 seconds to assign them all their proper groups.

3. shimmering Dawn profile image81
    shimmering Dawnposted 5 years ago

No faster way to do this I guess.. you have to manually shift the hubs into groups.. though now you have the option of grouping them as you write your hub as there is a tab called groups near your summary. You may stand to lose if you do not group your hubs as that is what links up the two hubs at the end of each hub that you write.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60

lol yw Wilderness. I haven't written Hubs lately so really got to pay attention to the new stuff tongue sure, Wilderness, brag about your 30 seconds of hard work lol  smile thank you

lol

You're welcome.  It won't take long to assign groups or even make new groups with that drag and drop function.  Now get cracking, Gal!  Get those groups assigned! smile

working