jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Hub not Indexed on Google Now

1. arizonataylor profile image83
    arizonataylorposted 4 years ago

Some of my lesser hubs appear to no longer be on Google.  I've searched the exact titles and even added "hubpages" and/or my username.  I’m planning on renovating and adding to them but wonder what I need to do to get them indexed on Google again.  Do I need to submit them, or is there some other process?  Since they were once indexed but no longer are, I'm guessing that the Google crawlers won't pick them up at this point.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

Check out Google Webmaster Tools.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey WE, do you think it'd be worth while resubmitting the 100s of hubs I have that have all but disappeared from the Google search?

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Possibly. I suggest you read from here:

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi … p;cbrank=2

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

First you need to find out if it is indexed or not.  Searching for the title won't tell you a hub is not indexed; it may just be too far down in the SERPs to show up.

Search for the URL, by copy/paste.  It should come up number 1 (although I have seen rare cases where it is down one or two places).

If it does not show up by searching for the exact URL it is not indexed.  If it does, it is indexed, just very far down.

4. arizonataylor profile image83
    arizonataylorposted 4 years ago

Okay, I used to search by the hub title.  That worked when my hubs were highly ranked, before the October Panda updates.  Now, I see that it doesn't work.  Google recommends searching for your site by typing:

site:Google.com  (to search for Google, for example)

When I do this, I see each of my sites.  Obviously I've fallen into the depths of Google.  I guess it's time to update and repair some of my highly underperforming hubs.

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

Related discussion about submitting information via Google Webmaster Tools:

6. thepointers profile image60
    thepointersposted 4 years ago
  7. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 4 years ago

To find out if google has indexed your hub you can use this search:

for example

It will show you a cached version of the page plus when it was indexed last.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is something I have seen earlier but never really understood or learned to use.. Thanks for making that sound simple and practical.