jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (24 posts)

Is Anybody Still Getting Clicks from Google Adsense?

1. lady rain profile image88
    lady rainposted 4 years ago

My adsense earnings have reduced from dollars to only a few cents per month. Revenue used to average about 40 cents per click, now it is only one or two cents per click, if there is any click at all. Just wondering if it is the same for everyone.

1. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Rarely, once in a blue-moon day.tongue

2. Just_Rodney profile image42
      Just_Rodneyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Some odd cents every odd day or three, nothing earth shaking.

2. Trsmd profile image60
    Trsmdposted 4 years ago

The reason is that now you are a member of hub ad programme, so the click earning will go to Hubpages and then shared to you. If you want only google Adsense, at any time you can change the earning option.

1. Capedium profile image65
      Capediumposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Interesting.. What is the difference, and wish do you think is better.. Please respond

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
        mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most people do better on the HP Ad program, although that does not apply for all as it depends on what you write about. If you do choose the HP Ad program expect your Adsense earnings to drop dramatically because you will go down to only one block of Adsense 'paid' Ads per Hub, and this will be the last one on the right side of your hub. What you need to look at are your daily and monthly earnings overall to determine which works best for you. If you are on Adsense now and have been for a while, try changing to HP Ads for a month and then compare earnings. This will tell you which program will work better for you. Also bear in mind on HP Ads you only need to earn $50 to hit payout, but on Adsense you need to hit $100.

Edit: Izzy is correct, HP Ads are not based on clicks, they are based on impressions (views), so you earn without needing people to click on adverts (apart from the one Adsense block I described the location of earlier).

1. Capedium profile image65
          Capediumposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much.. Am sincerely grateful!.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No that's not quite true.

When you are running Hubads you only have one direct Adsense ad on your hubs instead of 3.

The chances of clicks are much lower, but Hubads are impression-based, so you will still earn something even if no-one clicks an ad.

My earnings have collapsed compared to pre-HPads at a time when I had similar traffic (I lost a lot of my traffic due to being sandboxed by Google).

I have tried switching off HP ads and not seen a return of Google clicks.

3. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Even though I'm sandboxed I still earn at least twice as much on Adsense than what I did with HPads. 

4. incomeguru profile image82
    incomeguruposted 4 years ago

The clicks am getting with google adsense still okay, sometimes like $1.12 per click and in most cases 7 cents.

5. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I still earn anywhere up to $1 a day on Adsense but that's about 1/5 of what I was pre-HP ads.

6. sman2sahrul profile image61
    sman2sahrulposted 4 years ago

Hi all,
    I'm very dissapointed banned my adsense, I got approve adsend about three time
    by blog, and I don't now why my adsese  had banned, and the about 2 month for get again apprpve adsense but until now never agree ( not get approve )
    and now I find this site ( HUBs ) make adsense without blog:

My qustion :
    how I can get back adense by hub join and howmny time ( long )
    I must have article post for hub for signup to adsence ?

please reply me

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think problem you havenow!  not goaway soon!

1. Rosie2010 profile image84
        Rosie2010posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Randy, I want to laugh out loud, but that would be mean, now would it? big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
          Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I really don't know, Rosie.  Apparently, only mods know our intentions anymore.smile

7. randomcreative profile image93
    randomcreativeposted 4 years ago

I've been part of the HP ad program since October and do still get AdSense clicks.  Typically those earnings are about 1/5 of what my HP ad earnings are.  Every little bit helps.

8. Rosie2010 profile image84
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

I still do.  I never turned off my HPAds since I joined in March 2011, and even with the new HPAds program layout, I still make Adsense payout every two months (fingers crossed!).  I also make HPAds payout every month.  Why?  I don't really know the answer, because I don't know much about SEO, I am not backlinking, and according to my hubber score, I'm a mediocre hubber (not whining, just sayin!).

9. 0
    learnaboutposted 4 years ago

I have been using Adsense for a year now on my website and have seen ups and downs.  Sometimes I get upwards of a dollar or more per click and then less than a couple of cents.  No real rhyme or reason as Google does not tell you why.  I have been told that great ranking pages have something to do with it.  But, with millions of websites on the internet I think it just boils down to the most popular pages. 

-Mark   Learn-about-electronics.com

10. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I thought that was the norm lol a few cents per click tongue since it will depend on the advert that's being shown? Also, have you seen the results that show up? yikes some totally baffle me with whatever they are about. Maybe a lot depends on keywords in the summary? idk, just a thought.

11. echoe0021 profile image73
    echoe0021posted 4 years ago

I've never gotten any clicks from google adsense, I think it's because I write mostly poetry though so I decided to pay it no mind.

12. dumindu89 profile image69
    dumindu89posted 4 years ago

Typically CPC depends on the niche. If you get a click for a hub which is related to personal finance then you get more $$$ than other niches such as entertainment, gender and relationships etc.

13. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Before being sandboxed I received adsense clicks ranging from just a few cents to over $9.00 per click (extremely rare).  Most were in the $2 area for my best hubs.  Now they seem to pay less than before but the sandbox effect may also have something to do with this.

14. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 4 years ago

I get like one click a day.  Lately I seem to have $0.40 clicks though, which would be great if I could get more clicks.

I definitely make more on the Hubpages ads + ebay capsule.

15. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Whats Google Adsense?