jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What happened to Scroogle?

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Poof! Gone! Any suggestions for other sites where I can check my rankings?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/14/scroogle_down/

The internet is like a box of chocolates...big_smile

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Para!

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I found something that said it was a Chrome extension...so if you're using Chrome that may be the reason...I think that's odd since scroogle is supposed to give users internet privacy but Chrome is a Google property so its seems like an oxymoron..roll

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And I found something that said it was a FF extension.  Didn't open it or look at it, though.

3. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I wasn't using Chrome.

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 5 years ago

Scroogle has been removed from the internet by its owner - I just wrote the reasons why and alternatives here <link snipped>

1. Aficionada profile image95
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I also managed to see the Wizz before the link was snipped.  Thanks for mentioning it.

I was never able to use Scroogle.  The first time I checked there, I got a "Forbidden" message, and the same thing happened every time since.

So, after reading your Wizz, Lissie, I went to the PW site.  Am I missing something?  It looks like you enter an URL there for browsing.  But I didn't see anything that would act as a search engine with keywords.  So, how does it help someone like me to know how a Hub shows up in SERPs?

1. Lissie profile image86
        Lissieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

goto page washer and enter http://google.com and then click browse - then you will be on google via the proxy and you enter any term you like into google.

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I am really sorry to see them closed, and hope it is not forever. They've complained for months about Google treating them badly. Wonder if it was a Google employee sent the denial of service attacks?
    Great Wizz by the way, Lissie! (is that what they are called?)

I used to love the computer game Wizzball. Wish someone would bring a version out for PCs. - sorry OT.

6. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Theres a good tool called top 1000 serp checker which lets you check any countries Google rankings

7. Aficionada profile image95
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Oh, Lissie, thank you for the explanation!  Sorry that I didn't see this last night.  I will absolutely try this out.

working