How Good is Google's Memory?

1. Michael J Rapp profile image59
    Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago

I'm in the process of moving a few of my hubs from another account to my main account.  I've gotten some good advice already from the forum here and from HP staff.  I'm waiting for my older hubs to clear the Google cache and most seem to have done so.  My question is whether or not Google remembers content even though it's not in the SERPs anymore, and would penalize it as duplicate.  In other words, just because nobody can find it does that mean Google has forgotten about it?  That sounds a little crazy to me, because technically it would not be duplicate since the first version would be gone, but they may see it as copied or something.

I guess any answer might be based on speculation because nobody really knows what Google is thinking.  Keeping Google happy seems like a tighrope act.  It's enough to make you a little paranoid!  (Wait . . . they wouldn't know I'm posting this, would they?)

I realize I can use the url removal tool, but Google seems to advise not doing that in this type of circumstance.

All advice appreciated.  Thank you!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

I think you need to appreciate the reason why Google does not like duplicate content: It wants to identify a single source of a given text, and then index that, rather than having visitors choose between multiple identical or substantially identical versions. Google does not pass judgment with respect to authorship (copyright), so I see no cause to worry.

1. Michael J Rapp profile image59
      Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Understood.  That does make sense.  Thanks for your reply.