jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Editing format

1. Irob profile image77
    Irobposted 4 years ago

I copy my stuff in from MS Word and it comes out all crazy looking when I save it, paragraph spaces are gone, etc. Tried fixing in edit mode, unable. I do not have pics for my first hub, just text. Anyway to restore the Word format and is there a specific number of characters in a line?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

You should paste your text from Word into a plain text editor like Notepad, which will strip off the hidden code that causes trouble. Then copy the text from Notepad and paste it into your text capsules on the hub. Make adjustments as appropriate.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great advice Website Examiner. I have found that Notepad is the ONLY editor that will strip off the html code that creates the problem.  The only thing that it does is create a double space between the paragraphs when I copy/paste into the HP editor, which is easily corrected.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Pasting text from Google docs too does not cause any issues for me. Works well all the time.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I use Notepad when I want to get rid of all formatting for one reason or another.  I use WordPad for writing Hubs, though.  The formatting stays when copied and pasted from WordPad into the text capsule; and I feel like I get a better feel for what it will look like by typing into WordPad.

5. Irob profile image77
    Irobposted 4 years ago

Thank you