jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Discouraging?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

These are some things I find discouraging about hubpages:

1) I haven't made money and I've been here almost 2 yrs (not $100 yet) and have over 160 hubs and a high profile score. Yeah I know ya have to write about what they want like product reviews, how fun is that?

2) I never got a hubnugget

3) I never got nominated for a hubnugget

4) I've never seen hubnuggets in the category I write in

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haha that's true. Hub nuggets are given only to those lucky few who have written hubs in the correct category during their first 3 months big_smile

schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought I might be right wink I'm too lazy to research it all. thank you smile

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is there a way to find out? - I never knew tongue

lol
            I think all we can say is, that I can say, is from reading the hubnugget forum posts, like you said, I've never seen any hubnuggets awarded in any category I like.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have been here 7 weeks and have been nominated for hubnuggets awards three times and have won twice.  I will find out today if I won again.  I write in a variety of categories, and each nomination was for a different one.  However, I have earned very little money, and my hubs have not brought in a lot of readers.  Although the awards are only meaningful on this site, they do tell me that someone out there thinks I'm a good writer, and this inspires me.  None of this really matters however.  The main thing is that I enjoy writing and this site gives me an outlet for doing what I enjoy!

cool smile
          I already know I'm a good writer too wink just saying lol

2. CMHypno profile image90
      CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It looks like you have written a lot of poetry, which is great but is not likely to pick up a lot of outside search engine traffic or attract those that click ads.

If you want to earn money, you will need to get into keyword research and write more on subjects that will bring the outside traffic in.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about not being awarded a hubnugget - it is not a reflection on your writing ability and has no meaning beyond HP.

Did you participate in the fiction and poetry contest before Christmas?  That's were you could make some money and get some recognition.  There is a new contest coming up, so why not start answering some questions?

good idea. I haven't noticed, I dont read much of the forums smile

Um, again, keyword research?

nevermind, i figured it out! lol
          brainfreeze yesterday

working