jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Page View Counter

1. Connie Smith profile image90
    Connie Smithposted 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed their page view counter acting up?  Last month, I could have sworn that the number was over 17,500 and when I checked back, it was just over 17,000.  I then started watching it closer, so I know it was around 17,700 again and now?  17,113 again!  Am I going crazy or is this really happening?

2. Connie Smith profile image90

Anyone out there????

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Connie, are you talking about the numbers on your stats page?

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Hi connie.... which specific counter are you refering to?? If you are talking about the one that looks at "the last 30 days" then that like an investment can go up as well as down as it is looking at the "last 30 days" - so if a high day drops out to day 31 and your new day 1 is low view day then your views will drop...

Does that make sense?? Is it what you mean??

1. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure she's referring to This one mate. smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6220496_f248.jpg

Or.... Could it be This one? sad

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6220504_f248.jpg

These are the counters that I have on my stats page! smile

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

PD, what on earth are those? they look like clocks to me. lol

4. Connie Smith profile image90

Thanks to you all for replying.  Yes, I am talking about my statistics and the particular number is the total page views ever.  I am on my third go around in the 17,000's.  When it went back to 17,000 last time, I was unsure if I really knew the numbers and though I must have made a mistake.  Still, I decided to watch it more closely.  I do not know the exact number I was at this last time I looked but it was close to 18,000.  When I looked again, it was back in the low 17,000's again.

5. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Connie... if you wish to get the most accurate details on pages views.. then go check your account with Google Analytics. However, you will often find that the figures shown by HP and GA will vary.  IMO Analytics are, for whatever reason, more accurate.

If you want to pimp your stats page though... I'm happy to send you a blue page counter like mine (above) smile

6. Connie Smith profile image90

I appreciate your advice, Pearldiver.  I guess I really am going crazy because I realized, or should I say remembered, what happened both times. It was definitely due to my own actions.  I deleted several hubs on two different occasions.  I realize that, along with those hubs, I deleted page views.  That only makes sense. What doesn't make sense is my early on-set of dementia.  Yikes!

I believe dementia sufferers often forget the time of day also. Just in case it gets worse for you (at any time).. please accept this gift below...

You can attach this to a cap or hairband, or maybe strap it to your wrist.. so that you will always know what time is! big_smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6220496_f248.jpg

Just Don't Forget to wind it Okay.. smile

1. Connie Smith profile image90
        Connie Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

....and I was hoping it was battery operated.  Darn!  Oh well, I would hate to be thought of as a poor gift receiver,so thank you very much!

big_smile  I'm just glad you solved the problem.. sorry I didn't mean to wind you up with a one armed clock... (yes I did! smile ) But couldn't resist that smile of yours! smile

Oh yeah.... best you don't wear it on your cap in public huh?  big_smile

Take care Connie.

working