jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

So you took the 30 hubs in 30days challenge, tell me about it.

1. Diane Inside profile image85
    Diane Insideposted 4 years ago

I have been considering taking the challenge myself. I have put it off so long because I just didn't have the motivation, although I have had ideas in place for some of the hubs.

What I was wondering is....

Is it worth it?

What results did you see?

Did you feel like you improved on your skills?

Did you see a positive effect in increased hubviews?

Did you feel like your hubs were well recieved?

And anything else you'd like to tell me about your experience would be appreciated.

1. TheMagician profile image94
      TheMagicianposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't specifically been doing the 30/30, but as of the 8th of Feb., I've been writing Hubs like crazy (compared to my usual speed). I've went from 22 to 36 articles, and I've seen an immense increase in daily earnings that's been consistent. I definitely also feel that I've improved my overall writing skills a ton! smile

Diane Insideposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks TheMagician, thats really good to know. I appreciate your input.

2. Diane Inside profile image85
    Diane Insideposted 4 years ago

I really hope I get more responses. Thanks

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is not intended to be blatant self-promotion, just a warning smile

http://izzym.hubpages.com/hub/The-Googl … lace-to-Be

Ok I do not backlink at all.  I have on occassion link one or two hubs but thats it.  I usually don't even do that anymore unless I think its a particualarly good hub.

So are you saying even just adding 30 hubs in a short amount of time can cause this as well, even without backlinks. 

Oh and side note. When I first saw the words "Sandbox Effect" I thought it was bad to post in the forum sandbox. lol    That is until I read you hub thanks for the warning though.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for reading, and if you can't relate to it, that's brilliant, but until someone  proves to me that external backlinks are not a problem, just take care.

Up until now, external backlinks were fantastic things to get, to have to hold etc, but now that our subdomains are new, we (I think) have to be careful.

We have a hubber now who is new, who has put up maybe 90 or 100 high quality hubs in the past 3/4 months?

He got hit, very briefly, and he got out of it again by quickly unpublishing his last few hubs.

Don't forget, if you see the sandbox effect hitting you, unpublishing is not the same as deleting, so you can add the hubs back in at daily or whatever time-frame intervals.

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

And PS, many external backlinks come from Hubpages itself, without you going to the effort of backlinking, as I pointed out in my hub.

Thanks so much Izzy for all your knowledge.  It is priceless information to have and thanks so much for steering me to your hub.

I will keep everything you said in mind, and will watch my hubs closely thanks a million.

4. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

I have done it twice and found it easy enough to finish in time and that it was worthwhile in terms of boosting my traffic and earnings a bit.

Thanks Bard , I really appreciate it. Im working on a few ideas, getting organized now

working