jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

The sign out button is confusing my brain!

1. Zara Lockwood profile image59
    Zara Lockwoodposted 7 years ago

is it just me or does anyone here keep on clicking on their name where the sign out button is thinking it's going to take them back to their profile page ?

I keep doing this - maybe i just use too many of these networks but when I want to go to my profile I automatic seek out my name and click on that - unfortunately on hubpages it mean's i keep accidentally logging myself out then i have to try and remember my password, then my brain goes blank and i end up either surfing somewhere else (thinking i'll come back later, as you do) or I hit the reset button.

Just wondered if the HubPages people had noticed a lot of use of the logging out button, or if they can tell via cookies or IP or something - as I wouldn't be surprised if others do it - unless this is my own unique party trick ?!

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I've been here for over two years and never had that problem once.

3. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

Hmmmmm.... I haven't had that problem at all, could be because I don't belong to other social networks. When I want to see my profile I click on "profile", not my name.

4. weblog profile image61
    weblogposted 7 years ago

Yes, the 'sign out' button clearly shows it and we have to click 'my profile' to go to the profile page smile

5. greathub profile image75
    greathubposted 7 years ago

practice clicking your profile.

6. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I do it all the time, Im not sure the reason (it does say sign out) I have at least a dozen other profile social network type things and have NEVER had this issue before.

I think your right its the name thing - The tab should just say sign out - i just feel drawn to clicking on my own name - or expect my profile to be there

Good job pointing that out -now hubpage admin hurry up and fix that- i waste at least 26 seconds a day because of this flaw in usability design - i might just head over to squidoo instead