jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

My comic strip student diary will soon become to large, please help!

1. Savva Pelou profile image71
    Savva Pelouposted 4 years ago

At the moment, amongst other hubs, I have begun a comic strip diary, each hub denotes a single day and links to the days in front or behind.  Although I only have five now, I plan to do near a hundred days over comic strip diaries in 2012.  How can I possibly present them, do I need a central hub to act as a contents page?  How can I use hubpages efficiently in order to maximise the greatest user experience?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Savva, my first reaction is that the series belongs on its own blog or website, not on HubPages.

HubPages is not a blogging site, and therefore the navigation isn't designed to guide readers around your sub-domain.  Instead, it's designed to tempt readers to explore the whole site for the same topic (you'll notice "related Hubs" are far more obvious than your "group" links, for instance).   So it will be a lot of work to create effective links and enable readers to browse around your diary. 

Whereas blogs were originally designed as diaries and are therefore perfect for what you're doing. You can start a free blog at Blogger or Weebly and there are ways to monetize it (I wrote a Hub about how to monetize a blog).

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 4 years ago

Savva, I checked out the first 3 of your comic strip hubs and I have to say they are awesome.  I really like the way you first give your inspiration for the strip.  This is something that is rarely seen, if ever so kudos on making the effort. 

That said, I'm afraid what Marisa says is true.  Hubpages probably is not the best place for these great comic strips. I think you would do well to get those posted on your very own domain where you will find great traffic coming to visit you.  Here on HP every hub needs to stand on its own and the way you are making your titles and not even concerned with keywords, I'm afraid the only traffic you will receive is from other hubbers.  But if that is all you are looking for then you will do well.  I think there is a larger audience for your creation and so much more you can achieve with your own site.

3. Savva Pelou profile image71
    Savva Pelouposted 4 years ago

Thank you very much for your comments, all very well received