jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

City or Country???

1. Eiddwen profile image66
    Eiddwenposted 4 years ago

Are you a city person or a country person ????

I am most certainly a country person;always have been ever since I was a little girl exploring  the countryside that surrounded me with my Beagle Lassie.
    Today the inspiration that I get from Mother Nature for my writing is priceless and endless.

1. JKenny profile image94
      JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Definitely a country person. I can't stand cities, too crowded. noisy, smelly and everyone lives at such a frenetic pace. I prefer small towns, villages, hamlets and the countryside in general. I love exploring woodlands and walking across fields, especially on a nice sunny day, makes you feel glad to be alive.

Eiddwenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree with you JKenny and yes it certainly does make us feel happy to be alive.
        Take care
        Eddy.

2. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

Eiddwen, how are you, girl????  The country is by far the only life to live.  In Bishop, Ca, we've no smog, the lovely Sierra Nevada range of snow-capped mountains surrounding our town, and folks are friendly and sincerely care about their neighbors-often way too related! J/K, maybe...smile 
    I left Los Angeles long, long ago-disgusted by the anonymity all around, you understand, few meaningful connections to others...all the fear, rudeness and suspicion.
    YECH!!!

Well what a nice surprise lorlie;it is so nice to see you on here.
      I have to agree with you also;I wrote a hub today about the contrast and personal preferences and thought it would be quite interesting to post it on here.
      How is all with you;drop me a line when yo have a moment.
      Take care
      Eddy.

3. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I am a formally suburban gal now living in the country and I love it..it does have its disadvantages but overall it agrees with me.

Same here;thanks for the reply;this is going to be interesting !!
      Eddy.

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

I am an Islander.... does that count as country? smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, no PD.  You are in limbo!  Which I believe was a dance actually created by ISLANDERS!  :lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. Eiddwen profile image66

Yes that certainly does count as country.
      Thanks for the reply
      Eddy.

5. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

A country boy, I am!  Wouldn't have it any other way!  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

Thanks for the comment Randy.

6. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago

Country, in every single respect. I love sea fishing, fresh game and meats, the beautiful scenery and fresh air - and friendly country pubs, of course! I definitely intend moving to a very small village on the coast in the fairly near future - I just haven't decided which one yet! - and the only reason I will visit the city is to watch my football (soccer) team, Rangers.

Great reply !!!

7. Tara Anderton profile image60
    Tara Andertonposted 4 years ago

I'm from a seaside town of about sixty thousand people and moved about 15 years ago to another seaside location but a city with two hundred and fifty thousand. It is still a very relaxed place due to the location but the traffic is a bummer. However I am a writer and I get lots of inspiration from the city and the vibe of the place. I do love the country, the peacefullness and the smells - But I'm a city girl at heart!

8. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

I am too complex to decide if I like the city more than the country. I really don't know! lol

9. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

I hate nature and every critter that lives in it!!!

Pave all green spaces before we are overrun!!

URBAN POWER!!!
    URBAN POWER!!!
    URBAN POWER!!!

working