jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What wa the best thing that ever happened to you?

1. Jynzly profile image68
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

This best thing could be something that you work hard for some time and you had finally achieved it such as graduating a degree, passing a board exam, getting the job you like most and with satisfying compensation; and others such as stroke of luck like winning the lottery, winning a competition, and the list go on.

2. Catzgendron profile image68
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

I have ADD and during high school I wasn't the best student.  They didn't have extra help or even know about ADD back then. My oldest daughter has it too and I was able to get her assistance and while doing so learned a new way to study. I decided that I would take some college classes. I found a program that had Saturday classes and arranged for my ex to have the girls for the day. I had 3 classes per semester, was in school on Saturday from 8:30 to 5 and Mon thru Friday I studied 2 hours at night once the girls were in bed. I completed 4 semesters and out of those I made the Dean's list 3 times.  I was so proud of that accomplishment.  I never expected that would ever happen.  And by learning to study differently it also helped me to advance in the job market.

1. diogenes profile image83
      diogenesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My left nut dropped

Bob

2. Jynzly profile image68
      Jynzlyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Catzgendron,
      That's wonderful! I know the feeling; the feeling of achieving something that means a lot to you.
      Thanks for sharing.

1. Catzgendron profile image68
        Catzgendronposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you

3. Disturbia profile image62
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

My two daughters. I was told that I would most likely never be able to have biological children, but low and behold, I have the two most beautiful girls anyone could imagine.

Disturbia,
      Wow!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you.

4. trish1048 profile image79
    trish1048posted 5 years ago

Marrying the love of my life and having our children smile

trish1048,
      Very touching. I can feel it too.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

the best thing was the worst thing at the same time...bittersweet....

SomewayOuttaHere,
      Fair enough...that's what we call fluctuating life conditions...that's the way it is in life, at times.

6. Shanna11 profile image90
    Shanna11posted 5 years ago

The best thing that ever happened to me was the return of my cat. I'd picked him out as a baby and I loved that little kitten more than anything else. He was my first pet and when he was hit by a car one summer, I was absolutely heartbroken. He ran off into the woods and despite searching constantly work a week, we never found him and assumed he had died.

I went off to college that fall, and shortly before Halloween when it turned cold, I got a call from my mom saying that he had come home. His hip had been dislocated  and had healed wrong, but other than that, it was the best thing that happened to me.

Shanna11,
      Really very interesting; that's contagious joy, the lost and found feeling, reminds me of the "Prodigal Son" parable.

working