jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Which is more important to you; a college degree or an inheritance?

1. Jynzly profile image70
    Jynzlyposted 4 years ago

A college degree is the degree that you most wanted to have and you become a professional: an inheritance is a property, house, farm or real estate, business, money, and more.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I believe that a college degree is more important because the degree will open doors and create opportunities for you.  No one can take the college degree away from you but your inheritance can be taken away from you depending upon the inheritor's mood, likes, and dislikes.   How many parents disinherited their children because their children elect to pursue their own lifestyles, goals, and dreams which were diametrically opposed to that of their parents.  Furthermore, depending upon the amount of the inheritance and if you have to pay taxes on the inheritance(if you have not invested wisely) and/or pay the lawyer involved, that inheritance can vanish quite quickly!  A or B-A is the correct answer by far!

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Give me the money, and I'd go to school for the rest of my life, just for the sheer joy of learning.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Now, there YOU go................

2. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

Both a degree and an inheritance offer opportunities.  Which one is more important all depends on the individual and how they choose to use those opportunities.

3. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago

gee, I already have a college degree and I already have inheritance sad   I'll pick: winning the lottery ! lol

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I'll take an inheritance.

It's already been proven and shown that even a drop out of school could still become a millionaire, so need for college.

The inheritance at least the money can be used for anything of choice.