why can't I find my hubs on any of the search sites?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Laura Rash profile image77
    Laura Rashposted 12 years ago

OK - I've tried google and yahoo and even when I type in my exact hub title I'm not finding it ANYWHERE!

Why and how can I correct this so I can earn money?

I have tags built in and everything... not too sure what I'm missing and need some help please.

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It takes time for the Hub to show up.  I don't know exactly how long.  Maybe someone else can answer you better.

2. stugod profile image66
      stugodposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have you filled in your summary for each hub. To do it select the hub you want. Click edit. On the next page you will see a row on the right. re order,tags,settings and then summary. The summary is what is used for search engines to determine your content..

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Izzy has answered your question accurately, but I'd just like to add one thing - this is a good example of how patience is a necessity on HubPages.

If you're active on the forums and participate intelligently in discussions, other Hubbers will notice you and start checking out your Hubs - so you can get internal traffic almost immediately.  However, unless you're already an internet guru and experienced in backlinking and self-promotion, it will take months for your Hubs to get serious traffic from outside HubPages.  Unless you're very lucky, your earnings in the first few months will be mere pennies.

HubPages is a place to write for the long view.  In my first six months, I made $5 with 55 articles.  Four years down the track, my best-performing article has earned around $500 all by itself.  So, patience!

2. VendettaVixen profile image68
    VendettaVixenposted 12 years ago

I've heard that searching your exact URL is a good way to bring your hubs to the attention of the search engines. I'm not saying it'll bump them up to first page results, but it might help remind Google, Yahoo and the others that your hubs are there.

Good luck.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I doubt that would do much. Google gets billions of searches a day.

And if that theory worked, that means that searching a term like "red birds" would make Google index every single article on that term. Which could mean hundreds if you hit a saturated topic.

No. I very much doubt that would work.

3. Laura Rash profile image77

Thanks Mary,

It's been almost a week now... that's why I'm getting concerned and was wondering if I did something incorrectly.

Anyone know how long it takes for a hub to hit the search engines?

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Two of your hubs have indexed. Do a search for site:laurarash.hubpages.com and you'll see.

Usually hubs index within hours of publication, sometimes even minutes.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a 2 week old new subdoman and the hub I published about 8 hours ago still isn't indexed.

No idea how that all works, really, but it will index eventually.

2. Dale Hyde profile image81
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can go to Google Webmaster tools and submit your hubs individually directly to Google via "Diagnostics" - " Fetch with Googlebot".  I would suggest using that, as I do the same time I publish each hub.  Usually, within hours or at least by morning, Google will have picked up the hub.

4. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

If it's on a topic that doesn't get searched much or is already saturated with content, your chances of getting indexed fast can be low.

If you're having trouble getting indexed, use a site like pingler.com

1. stugod profile image66
      stugodposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use pingler and lots of others for blogs. I did not it was any use for hubpages thanks

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The only reason to use it is to get indexed. It doesn't really do anything else.

Hubpages generally get indexed pretty fast, but if they don't, use pingler.

5. Laura Rash profile image77

Just wanted to give everyone an update on my frustration level for this topic:

OMG gang - just got told by a friend that this hub is listed on PAGE 1 of both Google AND Yahoo (numbers 3 and 2 on page one to be exact!) My first hub to be listed so high!!!!

YEA BABY - THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

1. Dale Hyde profile image81
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is wonderful. smile Congratulations.  I did post a remedy above, without realizing I was posting to a comment of yours from 10 days ago.  You may want to scroll up and see that.  No need to wait days to get a hub into Google.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)