jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

True Horror - Gnawed By A Rat When Lying in Hospital Bed

1. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Although hospital staff said it was a field mouse - must have been a big mouse to inflict wounds like that!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … l-bed.html

2. Rain Defence profile image98
    Rain Defenceposted 4 years ago

Well whatever it was it can't have been nice being bitten. The odd thing is when you look at the photo of the chap, he doesn't look like he has a mental age of two at all, he looks like a smart guy. If the article had put that photo up with a totally different news story about a scientist or whatever, then it would not have drawn a second glance.

3. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

The rat or mouse must have been doped up too. That is not normal behaviour.

4. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

Wow! I've heard of waking up in the morning and finding yourself next to a rat, but this is a little different from that, huh.

5. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

It will be interesting to see if any more 'facts' come out about this one as it all seems a bit fishy

Attacking humans isn't 'field mouse' behaviour and they rarely venture inside, but despite the moaning about the NHS you don't usually find rats in an NHS hospital ward either.

I thought that the 'mental age of 2' was suspicious also, as later in the article they were mentioning the poor guy talking.

Whatever it was, they look like nasty wounds.

6. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

I have a feeling the guy caught the mouse/rat somehow and was holding it against his shoulder (as children cuddle small animals). The animal desperate to escape bit him repeatedly.

But, of course, for the Daily Mail, this would make a great 'attack the NHS' story.