jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Cutting content from an existing hub and turning it into it's own hub

1. Max Dalton profile image79
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

Hi All:

I recently wrote a hub that I think would be better served as two separate hubs. I was planning on cutting the pictures and text from the existing hub and placing them in the new hub, then expanding on it appropriately. I was just wondering if anyone felt that would get me dinged in Hubpages or slapped by Google. My whole purpose for doing this is so that I can write a quick blurb in other hubs and then redirect them to that hub for that process so I don't have to essentially write the same long-winded process in each hub on this subject.

Any advice is appreciated.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have done this earlier... as long as you add enough fresh content HP does not penalize you.  If you are thinking of  taking a huge chunk and copy pasting this may not work, you may have to rewrite that bit  before you add fresh content to it.

1. sgbrown profile image93
        sgbrownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have a question on the same subject. I published a hub on indoor care of miniature rose bushes. I few weeks later, which was a few days ago, I tried to publish a hub on the outdoor care of miniature rose bushes. I used some of the same text and I was "dinged" by HP as it was a duplicate. I have since edited it, changed the title and re-written much of the information. It is still showing as unpublished. I don't know if they think there is still too much of duplicate information, which I cannot imagine, or if I need to delete and re-submit. Can you give me some advice here? Thank you in advance!  Sheila

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you resubmitted it for publication? If so, it can take up to a week (depending on backlog and if it's over the weekend) to be republished.

1. sgbrown profile image93
            sgbrownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I have resubmitted it. I guess I am just a little anxious. Thank you so much for you quick reply. smile