jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Can I do this? Take my comments with me on a hub?

1. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 4 years ago

So I am taking a few hubs from my entries in the Hub Patron of the Arts contest and moving a sample of one from each category to my own name domain (ex. one hub on poetry, one hub on my art, etc. etc.)

Can I copy and paste the HubPages comments into my own website to show under the story? I know this is a weird question but one I need answers too...

And I'm thinking of just leaving in the links to those hubbers that have already commented - maybe that way they can get some traffic too! A win win to me but I don't know if this OK to do - or not.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

I don't want to get technical about this. If I left a comment on your hub and found it published elsewhere, I would be annoyed and contemplate filing a DMCA complaint against you. Doesn't seem appropriate to me to replicate a comment left for a sole, specific purpose.

1. Dorsi profile image90
      Dorsiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hadn't even thought of that. Perhaps if I contact the hubbers and let them know what I am doing and offer a backlink to their HubPage then it would be OK? I have one specific short story that I would love to leave the comments intact but if I unpublish here then the commentators and comments will be lost.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly. If you contacted me in advance, I would gladly give my permission if the purpose seemed relevant.

1. Dorsi profile image90
          Dorsiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I wonder what HubPages feels about doing this?

1. albertsj profile image79
            albertsjposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think might get a more favorable response if you asked the commenters in advance. If you let them see that there could be something in it for them

working