jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Someone has copied my content. Can I get their site banned?

1. Rain Defence profile image97
    Rain Defenceposted 5 years ago

I'm quite narked that some weasel has copy and pasted one of my hubs. I don't want to link to him to give him even more of a boost, but his site is iguanadomain dot com. He has lots of articles on there, I suspect that they're all copied. My hub is sitting at the top of his site and he hasn't changed a thing. Is the best step to email him directly as I've found his email address, or should I go straight to his host or google? I am too tired to feel anger but it is a total pisstake.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this
    2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What I'd do in this case is send a DMCA to google search. Here's the form (you'll need a webmaster tools account) https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … pli=1&

Once you've got the reply from google saying they've taken the page out of their search results (which usually only takes a few days, sometimes up to a week), then send a DMCA to the host.

The host is in Indonesia - masterweb.net. The email is info@masterwebnet.com.

Let us know how you get on.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Sorry to hear this has happened to you sad use the 'Learning centre' button at the bottom of window to find the procedure on filing a DMCA. The big 'G' will ban them from collecting $$ not sure what else they do except drop them in the SERPs hmm hope this helps.

3. Rain Defence profile image97
    Rain Defenceposted 5 years ago via iphone

Thanks, I'll get on it.

4. Rain Defence profile image97
    Rain Defenceposted 5 years ago

My copied content has been removed which is good, but his site is full of content so if anyone else writes hubs about technology, then his site is worth a look at to see if he's pinched one of yours.

5. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the update and the information... it could help others.

6. mythbuster profile image87
    mythbusterposted 5 years ago

What is the site you're talking about, Rain Defence? What kind of articles are on the site?

working