jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Article pulled for Prohibited Links?

1. Joan King profile image78
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

I got this message on one of my articles WARNING: This Hub is at risk of being unpublished for linking to prohibited sites

What I can't understand is why these messages are so vague. There is no indication as to which sites are prohibited so I am assuming they are all prohibited. But why? These are mostly sites that offer school and craft activity and the links are part and parcel of my article. I have since deleted the article and will publish elsewhere. This is not the first time I choose to delete an article rather than try to figure out why it was unpublished especially when the article is on a seasonal topic and I want to take advantage of the traffic the article is generating. Unfortunately HP would not benefit from that which is sad.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Hi Joan smile there is a little box that shows up when in 'edit' mode that will show you which link is alerting the HP system. You can then remove the link and submit for republication. HP must conform and maintain to the rules of the big 'G' therefore, so must we. It's unfortunate that you feel you cannot enjoy the potential HP offers to us sad but hope you do find success. smile

Joan Kingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HP operates in a competitive environment that has nothing to do with "enjoying" anything. My comments are meant to point to difficulites writers could experience when things aren't clear or understood and ease of publishing is important. Helpful, meaningful responses are preferred and appreciated.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Reading the FAQ section on "moderated for linking to prohibited sites' could help you sort this out. http://hubpages.com/faq/

Joan Kingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your suggestion is appreciated.

working