jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

With Ad Programs You Get Paid 60% of The Impressions Is That Correct?

1. William Gerace profile image77
    William Geraceposted 5 years ago

Hi guys the reason I'm asking is I was looking at my report for February on one day it said I had 10 impressions so 60% of that comes to 6 but when my pay for that day is like .10. I know I must be doing something wrong could someone explain the way the compute the pay for this. Also my Google Analytics always says I have 0 earnings. I'm pretty sure it's set up correctly but does it a long time to earn with the Google Program Adsense? I'm so sorry for the questions just want to understand it better that way maybe I can figure out how to improve my Hubs. Much thanks and have a nice day everyone.
    Bill

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you get paid for 60% of the impressions. Check this link for more info http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-payments
      To earn through Adsense   people need to click on the adverts placed on your hubs. It is based on clicks.  You really need to generate a lot of traffic before you see any earnings on a regular basis.

William Geraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is what I thought but now here is my question Sofs one day it said I had 10 impressions so 60% is 6 is that $6 or am I misunderstanding the way they do this. My pay for that day said $.10. Sorry to bother you and thank you.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
          mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am not Sofs, but 1 impression is not $1, which is what you seem to think from your post.

2. quickbooker profile image75
          quickbookerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You told that you gor 6 impressions but didn't disclosed how many clicks you got. And income is depend on CPC. If you are writing to monetize your hub then always choose high CPC keywords and write articles on them so your CPC increases.

On HP's Ad program clicks do not matter apart from the one remaining Adsense box to the bottom right of each article. All other ads are paid on impressions (views), even any other Adsense Ads visible, and these will be paid direct by HP, not by Adsense. This is why so may people do better on the HP AD program, they do not depend on clicks, only views/impressions.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

There is no direct link between impressions and money.  You get 60% of the impressions, this doesn't necessarily mean 60% of the earnings although in the long run it will probably even out that way. 

Your CPM tells you how much you are making per 1000 impressions. This will vary between hubbers and across time.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You get 60% of the impression time.   Whatever clicks and sales happen during your impression time is where you will derive your earnings.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

relache summed it up the easy way that makes sense to anyone. You get 60% of the 'time' your ads are displayed, not the income, so depending on the views or clicks your articles generate during your 60% of time they are displayed, determines your income for that day.

William Geraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you everyone. Sorry to bother you all.

Don't worry about asking questions. It helps, and even if you have read the FAQ section it is sometimes hard to recall what is in it word for word. The answer then is to ask some people who can remember much of it off by heart. If you don't ask you don't get, so I am sure we are all glad to have been of help (after all we too didn't know this stuff once).

working