jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Possibly a dumb question about Amazon

1. Dorsi profile image93
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

I was wondering since HP is doing this Amazon program now for us, does this mean we need to use a different code when setting up Amazon on our own website? Apply for another account or????

I notice that the tracker code is for HP. I am trying to set up a widget for my own site and want to make sure I set it up right.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No you can use the same code, but it's a good idea to go to your account and get a new tracking ID for your own site (just so you can see where the sales are coming from).

1. topakins profile image61
        topakinsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Pls, I'm new here and have just published a hub. Can I start using the Amazon program?

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have an Amazon account, then yes, just add in your tracking code under 'Earnings'.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HP isn't doing the Amazon program for us - not yet.  There's still a question mark (I think) over whether they will make us all switch to their Amazon account, or allow us to continue using our own if we choose.

If they do switch us all over, then they will use their Amazon account, not our accounts. So you won't be using the tracking code on HP any more, and you'll be free to use it on another site if you want.

However it's pretty simple to set up another tracking code, so you might as well!

1. Dorsi profile image93
        Dorsiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa. For some reason when I made a widget for amazon on my own site it inserted the HP tracker. I need to straighten that out.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It will work perfectly fine, so don't stress - it just means you won't know whether the sale came through HubPages or your own blog.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

As Izzy said, just set up a new tracking ID. You don't have to, it's not "stuck" to Hubpages, just makes it easier to track sales.

3. Dorsi profile image93
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

Thanks Izzy and Wry

working