Earning programs

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

I've been on hub pages now for 2 months.  I signed up for all of the earnings programs.  To date, I have about 2600 page reads.  Yet, when I look at my earnings, all I see is money earned from the ad program and from ebay.  The others consistently show zero.  I don't understand.  Surely with thousands of views somebody as clicked on an amazon ad or adsense.  Any advice?

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I can't speak for adsense, except to say the HP ads will trump adsense ads if they are higher paying, I believe. In other words, if there is a choice between two relevant ads, the system will automatically insert the ad that is higher paying, which is usually an HP ads, I believe. So, it may be that hardly any adsense ads are going into your hubs if they are lower paying. Please, someone more knowledgable chime in.

As far as amazon goes, clicks aren't going to earn you any money. The person who clicks over to amazon must actuallly purchase something, and you get a commission off of the $$ amount of products they purchase.

Hope that helps a little. I am by no means an expert.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.  I thought maybe I had done something wrong when I signed up! LOL