jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

pinterest - how do i find the referring link

1. WebsiteConfetti profile image86
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

Looking at my traffic sources today I noticed a boost of traffic from pinterest for one of my hubs 'kids wall decals'. I also noticed it had been pinned 56 times. How do I find the link for this on pinterest. Ive tried using the search function on the website and tried looking through my analytics account but cant find it. Sorry if this is an obvious question. I've been living under a rock and don't know much about pinterest.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not sure just what you are asking. The referring link in Pinterest is the photo that is pinned with the url "behind" the photo when clicked.  If you were to pin a hub's photo there with the link, I may see it and then repin the pin.  The link goes with the repin, so anyone who shares a pin like that is an individual referring link from Pinterest.  I hope that makes some kind of sense.  I have recently started using that site and am liking the results I am getting from there.  I also post hub links on Redgage for views as well as backlinks.

2. WebsiteConfetti profile image86
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

Hi Dale

Sorry my question came out all confusing. I think im starting to understand pinterest a little more. I think what got me confused is that I thought, like stumble upon and digg, that once an image was pinned, there would be one page dedicated to it where people can comment on that submitted link/image and that other users can see who pinned the image, who liked it etc

I guess ill understand a little better when I join pinterest. I requested an invite sometime ago  but haven't heard back from them yet.

I joined Redgage a few weeks ago. I haven't posted that many hubs to it yet, but it does look promising.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It took several days for my Pinterest invite to come in, but it did show up. smile What is interesting about Pinterest is that I show no views here on HP stats coming from there, but Google Analytics does show views from Pinterest.

Redgage is showing views here on HP and Google Anyalytics.

working