jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Replying to comments on my hubs in two locations

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years ago

Am I the only hubber having trouble replying to my comments either on the public feed or through my comments heading in my account and having them out of order below the hub itself?  It's getting confusing.

I have trouble with the technology of changing a lightbulb, so I might just not be getting what everybody else finds obvious.

Thanks for any help!

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

There is a setting for each Hub determining whether the comments are posted with newest first or oldest first.  You might want to check that out to see if it has been changed - or never was changed in the first place - for the Hubs in question.

3. Aficionada profile image93

I'll revise that....

You can set the feature to apply to all of your Hubs under "Global Settings."  Go to My Account > Hubs > Comments > Global Settings (click on "Show Settings").  Don't forget to Save any changes.

But you can also make the choice for each individual Hub; in Edit mode, click on Edit for the Comments capsule, and you will see some tick-boxes that you can select or not.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years ago

Thanks.  I'll try that.

5. Aficionada profile image93

You are welcome - I hope it works as you wish.  Incidentally, I have seen (from staff) the recommendation that we use the "Most Recent First" setting.  It may not matter so much when there are only a few comments; but when there are dozens or hundreds of comments, some readers don't want to scroll and scroll and scroll to get to the newest ones.

That aside, it's an individual Hubber's decision as to what will benefit their readers the most.

working