jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Tornado stories

1. snakeslane profile image82
    snakeslaneposted 4 years ago

I've been following tweets all night on Tornado devastation, wondering how many here on Hub Pages have been affected by the recent storms?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Luckily I don't live in an area hit by tornadoes, but it's been very windy here due to them, I barely slept last night because of the wind rattling my windows.
      I don't know how people who live in tornado prone areas cope...

snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi uninvited, I heard the storm was headed toward Great Lakes at one point, and then didn't hear any more about it, sounds like you caught some of the action there. Yes the wind is frightening in the middle of a big storm, I never get used to it either. There was so much damage in the wake of these tornados, but details are pretty sketchy today. I guess it will take some time for stories to emerge (literally). Thanks for your response.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks to climate change, you'll experience them soon enough...

One hit pretty close to here last summer, destroyed most of the town's downtown area.

Wow. again, so close. Have you written any stories about this uninvited? Is the town recovering? Wondering where you were when this was happening? Battened down I bet!

We felt some wind here and a bad thunderstorm at the time.  The town is called Goderich andthey are rebuilding.

Thanks for coming back Uninvited (I love that pen name!) I was surprised reading 'world news' online this morning that almost ever publication was carrying the same reworked stories about the Tornados. Maybe it takes a few days for the dust to settle and new stories start to come out.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

We had one in the next county this morning. My youngest daughter lives there.

Hi habee, I have no idea how far away next county over is, but sounds much too close for comfort for all concerned. Were you able to stay in contact with your daughter? Was there much damage where she is? Were people able to get to a safe place in time? Seems to me it must have been a pretty frightening experience, not knowing exactly where or when it would touch down?

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think they had some hail and wind, but as soon as their weather radio went off, they left and drove north, away from the storm. They live about 15 miles from me.

Wow Habee, that is chilling, having to jump in the car and drive away from the storm, not knowing what will be left when they get back home. Thankfully there is good communication and your daughter and family had time to escape. I am happy to hear they were safe, and you as well.

working