jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Searching for Hubs from Profiles

1. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Maybe I missed an announcement, or maybe this is a glitch; but does anyone know about why no Hubs are found when searching from within someone's profile (our own or another Hubbers)?  (because I sense a giant rant building up if this is someone's idea of adding quality to subdomains   roll)

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I think it's a glitch.  Great - on a weekend.  Please contact team@hubpages anyway, in case someone is checking it on the weekend.  Maybe even post this in Report a Problem, instead of Hubber's Hangout.

Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, that's a relief; because - really - it's bad.   smile   I didn't put it in "report a problem" because I was afraid it wasn't really a "problem" in HP's eyes.  lol  Rant aborted, I think...    hmm

3. Aficionada profile image94

I agree - sometimes it's hard to know what is considered a problem and what is not.  But I think that this is something the engineers need to know about. 

If a rant is appropriate, I'll rant along with you.  The search function on HP is minimally acceptable, and I'll admit it has definitely improved over the years I've been here.  The search function from a Hubber's profile is probably one of the best ways Search can be used here.  I would hate to see that scrapped!!!!

4. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I posted in the "report a problem" forum because I have been having trouble with the search feature for several days. Several times this week I have searched for recipes and also hubs with instructions to help me with my poor technical skills, and I've been getting messages that there is nothing to be found. I know internal views don't count for anything, but I'm trying to support my fellow hubbers by searching for and using their hubs, only to be told they don't exist. I'm hoping it will get fixed soon.

5. Aficionada profile image94

Aaarrrrgggghhhh - I really needed to search for something.  Maybe I'll have to break down and use Google.  No, no, no, say it isn't so!!  Well, I'll try Bing first.

6. Journey * profile image86
    Journey *posted 5 years ago

It took me a while to notice this too because I don't do searches that often but yes, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just did one quickie search for one subject from my profile, and it looks like it's fixed (based only on that, though).  If I recall correctly, it may now look different than it used to.  Maybe they've been working on it for the last couple or days or so.

working