jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)

Gone Monday to Wednesday

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Just a heads up to anyone used to seeing me comment on at least some hubs every day that I will be involved in the Vocal Section of the Music and Dance Festival between Monday and Wednesday all day and evening except for dinner hour-when my cat will want all of my attention. Because I am vocal coordinator I must be there during all competition times. We eat lunch there.

Considering a hub I recently read about online relationships and the fact that we don't know when someone doesn't respond for days if they are just busy or if there is something wrong, I thought I'd just post this and remind people that I have my comments on moderate. As  such, they will not appear until they have been approved. I may check to see if I have any comments to approve before I go to bed or I may be too exhausted. So if you submit a comment to one of my hubs and it doesn't appear for three days, don't be alarmed about me.

1. Cogerson profile image84
      Cogersonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with the Vocal Section of the Music and Dance Festival..hope you have a great time.

FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks. I love volunteering.

1. waynet profile image48
          waynetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have a nice time...festivals always sound like fun!

they are! Thanks.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

What is this, some kind of joke? I cannot imagine why anyone would in all seriousness post such a message on a public forum.

3. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

To attract traffic would be my guess.

1. Lauryallan profile image85
      Lauryallanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Common guys give the beneift of the doubt please.
      Flora is an experienced Hubber and I can't see her doing this for a backlink. I can on the other hand see her doing it so her regular Hub readers will understand that she is busy and not ignoring them. Looks like she is trying to look after her audience rather than take them for granted or just ignore them.

4. Steve Lensman profile image83
    Steve Lensmanposted 5 years ago

I don't know what the problem is here, Flora is just telling her followers and the people she is following she will be away for a few days. What's wrong with that? Flora is a very active hubber here.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find that not to be a good use of our forum. I could be wrong, but would still hope that kind of use of the forum doesn't become commonplace or more widespread.

1. profile image0
        jenuboukaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can use your status update on your home page, for messages like this.  Any follower of that hubber will receive the message...
        No offense to Flora, but that is the more appropriate place to communicate, you also can set your email "on vacation" while you are away.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
          rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree. Or perhaps add it in italics at the top of our profiles if we feel we need to communicate our absence.

I don't think anyone is suggesting she's not a courteous hubber, but if we were all to use the forums in this way..

Just thought I would check in briefly and then this is the last comment I'll make..hopefully.

That is a very helpful suggestion for me to rewrite my profile page. The status update will only be seen by people looking at the home page feed. A forum post will go to my followers' email and therefor will be be seen by all. That was my thought.

5. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Give her a break, SHE is trying to be courteous. This seems to be more than some of you can handle.

1. profile image0

Courteous towards whom - the forum?

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

I did this because I have have recently referred to myself as being suicidal. That is all. as to traffic from HP, I don't care if nobody from HP reads me. HP readers don't make you any money. I don't want anyone to think I've killed myself.

7. Steve Lensman profile image83
    Steve Lensmanposted 5 years ago

I've seen so much inane rubbish posted on the message boards here every single day, I don't know why Flora's harmless message is singled out. If you people had ignored it it would have dropped off the page by now.

Ignore them Steve. I have some friends I care about on this site and beyond them, I could happily never communicate with them ever again and I'd get a lot more done. I am looking for a job anyways that will give me a regular paycheck and when that happens I will have no time to be on this site at all except to check in from time to time. The most money I've ever made here is a whopping 70 cents one day on a day that I got - shock - 350 views overall including outside traffic.

Let the others have their opinions.  They don't matter. It is you I care about and the others I regularly communicate with on a daily basis. The others don't matter. Seriously.

8. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Hi Flora, you seem to have entered the asshole section of the forum.

There's one in particular who is so up themselves as to beggar belief.

Hope you have a good time.

C'est la vie.

I thought the thread would end up either ignored or turn to talk about singing in music festivals. Wrong in both cases. I am often wrong lately. smile

I will have a good time.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
        CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A hub about the festival? I was singing away in church this morning, with a croaky sore throat and way off key- No wonder they put me at the back! Good on you and sing  away! I will be doing something really boring and will be rather envious of you!

2. profile image0

It is always a pleasure reading your increasingly vulgar posts and watching your drawings.

9. lyndre profile image81
    lyndreposted 5 years ago

Maybe I am missing something (Go off-topic and discuss whatever you like)
    Is what the Hubber's hangout is for.

I would rather see posts like this instead of the please give me a pat on back type we usually get, or the forever whinging about traffic,hubscores,and money.

10. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Flora, we understand. It really doesn't bother me in the least, I guess it was just the thought of everyone starting to do the same. I hope all goes well for you at the festival and that happy thoughts fill your mind.

You wouldn't have to rewrite your profile, maybe just a line at the top informing your followers.

working