jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hubpages copyright violation

1. maxravi profile image1
    maxraviposted 4 years ago

I just noticed this site hubpages.in. which is giving same service as hubpages. publisher can write articles and earn money.
    Is it legal to use same name as hubpages? I think HP should take action against such sites and also domain like .in ,.asia,.org should be reserved by HP so that people should not misuse original name.
    share your thoughts hubbers!

1. John Holden profile image59
      John Holdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My thoughts were "don't see a problem really, it doesn't look anything like hub pages"
      And then I clicked on "earn money" and suddenly found myself on Hubpages.com!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

Domain names are not protected, they are first-come, first served. Trademarks could be an issue, but trademarks are nation-specific, meaning that HubPages would need to have its brand trademark registered in India to take legal action. In this case, that would be difficult to achieve, since a competing site is already established, and HubPages is not doing any business in that country.

1. maxravi profile image1
      maxraviposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agreed with you Website examiner but I am afraid tomorrow i may seen 10 others site with same name as hubpages that may hurt original brand.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good point. Building a global brand is very demanding, and so is protecting it.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

Hubpages.in has been around a long time, I don't think it benefits a lot from using the name and HP could do something but probably don't think it is worth their time