jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Multiple Group Option

1. I Am Rosa profile image87
    I Am Rosaposted 5 years ago

I like to keep my hubs organized and love the ability to keep hubs grouped together.  I have a few hubs that fit multiple groups.  For example, I did a product review on diapers.  It is currently under my group "Product Reviews" however it also fits under my group of "Baby Issues".  As it is now, anyone who is interested in my Baby Issue hubs would miss out on the diaper review (and vice versa).

I would really like the ability to list my hubs in more than one group.  Is this possible?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Already asked a couple of times before and it's not going to happen I guess.

I Am Rosaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

:-(  Well, it never hurts to keep asking in case they're waiting to see if it's a popular request ..

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thats true smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've often thought this would be a nice idea - but the thing to remember is (as Wry says) most readers aren't even aware of groups.  The "related Hubs" section is far more prominent than the little arrow directing the reader to the next Hub in the group.

If you want your readers to read Hubs as part of a "set", you need to prominently interlink your Hubs manually.

Okay!  Thank you :-)

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

Too bad if it's never gonna happen. It's a great idea!

3. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

What you could do to get a wider audience is place in the category closest to the other group you wanted and place a link in the hubs in the second group. That way people reading hubs from the "Babies" group will see the link.

Great idea!  Thank you :-)

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Groups do little more than let writers organise their hubs. Few people seem to use the small and hardly noticeable link at the bottom to navigate.

Just interlink your hubs. You'll get more traffic.

Sooooo .... should we first be requesting BIGGER group navigation links to get more activity on them and THEN ask for the ability to assign multiple groups ..?  :-D

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well based on the fact we already have the link suggestion tool and related hubs, I doubt HP will consider adding MORE spammy interface to the hub screen.

working