jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Problems with Ads

1. meloncauli profile image99
    meloncauliposted 4 years ago

Can anyone advise me please? I thought the whole idea of writing a summary and adding tag words was to get the right kind of ads appearing on your page. I write on a specific subject, write the summary with obviously related content and the tags and I get adverts for anything and everything coming up..like mobile phones and dating ads..that kind of thing. It has nothing to do with what I have written about. Apart from my amazon ads and related hubs it seems anything goes. Am I doing something wrong?

1. Express10 profile image87
      Express10posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are not doing anything wrong. It takes time for Google to become acquainted with your work and place the correct ads on your page. I write about a variety of topics from things that may be considered fluff to serious social issues and it appears after several days or several weeks the ads do match the content of the hub.

2. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The ads you see are not what others see.. it has been discussed earlier that Google comes up with ads based on what your searches have been like... so they may cater to your readers and their interests.. You could block out certain ads though.

2. meloncauli profile image99
    meloncauliposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your input. Will leave it a while and see if things settle down ad wise.