jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How Do I Know How Much I Am Getting From Referrals?

1. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 4 years ago

Around about 3 months ago I introduced a friend to Hubpages and she signed up via my link.  The other day I was talking to her and asked how she was doing, she was excited to tell me that she was just starting to earn some money from the Ad program. 

After she told me this I though, I wonder if I am earning my 10% from her impressions?  After checkking my earnings though I can't see anywhere that I have earned anything.

One factor is that I have the Ad Program turned off, I use Adsense for my earnings.  My friend however gets her income from the Hub Ads.  So will I not be earning my 10%?  Of if I am, where are those earnings?  I can't find them anywhere?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

You don't get 10% of her earnings.  You get 10% of the impression time on her Hubs, taken from HubPages share of impression time.  Unless she's got tens of thousands of page views per day, you will be making pennies or even fractions of pennies.

If you have the Ad program turned off, obviously, you won't earn anything from that.  Referral earnings will be visible in AdSense when you look under the performance tab.

andyozposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah yes, I have never spotted that data before.  I see the views from her account, no clicks as yet.  Thanks, very helpful.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I have hundreds of referrals who've written hundreds of hubs between them. And I still rarely get more than a handful of impressions and very rarely an Adsense click.

I assume the views of your referrals are added into your own HP ad views - however in your case you'd miss out on them.

That seems a little unfair really.  Means I get penalized for not using Hub Ads.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes it does. But you're already penalizing yourself by not using them, if that's how you're going to think of it.

Since they need your tax information etc, they can't really accrue those earnings unless you are part of the program.

I am already part of the program, I earn from eBay and they already have my tax information.  i just choose to turn off the Hub Ads as I think I earn more on Adsense.  I see no reason why I couldn't still be paid via Hubpages for the impressions from my signups.

working