Struggling with Google Traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (28 posts)
  1. GmaGoldie profile image82
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

I have been struggling with Google traffic and finally out of frustration, I unpublished close to 30 hubs that simply weren't getting traffic.

If I leave these unpublished for more than 30 days, will they look new to Google?

Would a video help these stagnant hubs?

I have lessened the Amazon capsules, deleted the news capsule, deleted the rss feeds, upgraded the photos or compressed the size of the photo, made sure all links are working, etc...

Suggestions? Should I just let these die a natural death and simply leave unpublished? Generally I deleted everything under a hub score of less than 70 and with no traffic in the last seven days. Some of these hubs have struggled for 30 - 90 days.

1. Dale Hyde profile image81
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a large family of hubs that are doing the same. I am thinking that it may be related to Google period... Panda or no Panda.  Quite a few of us are experiencing a drop in views from Google on our hubs.

You may need to work with keywords on the hubs you unpublished.  From all that I have heard, unpublishing and then republishing will not help, however I could have that wrong as I am relatively new to this site.

I have picked up some views from other sources, but like you, I am struggling with Google.  Google was doing well, and then over the past weeks the numbers continue to drop daily.

I will be following this thread so when other post, hopefully I can learn from their answers as well.

1. Sinea Pies profile image62
        Sinea Piesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not an expert here but I heard that unpublishing and enriching the hub with good keywords (don't over use, though) and republishing after a significant wait can get a hub "re-indexed" by Google. Might be worth picking just one or two and trying it out!

Well if you give that one a try, Sinea, fill me in after some time goes by, if you can remember, lol.  I have not been published long enough (a llittle over 2 months) to really work with mine at that level yet, however, I may need to do so in the future if your trial works out.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As Sofs said, don't unpublish. Age is important, you don't want to lose it.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Join Redgage or Shetoldme, and start posting links to your hubs there.  It has increased my traffic 10 folds.  But never unpublish a hub.  Big no no.  Getting traffic is about linking, hublinks, backlinking and SEO.  By unpublishing your hubs you are hindering search engines like Google, from ever finding you.  You've got to change your way of thinking.

Learn how to market yourself.  There are plenty of ways. 
      Redgage, shetoldme, Pinit, Twitter, Blogcatalog, Digg, Stumble, and the list goes on and on.

There are 100's if not 1000's of excellent hubs on getting traffic to your hubs.  Check out the hubber Darkside or Chuck.  They have been very helpful in my pursuit of monetary gain.

I am by no means a big wig around hubpages.  But 95% of my traffic comes off of search engines now, and that only means one thing to a hubber..., adsense money baby. 
      *So, first and foremost re-publish them hubs!  Now, quickly. You're losing money, as I write this. 
      *Educate yourself by reading hubs on this very topic.  Bookmark those hubs for future knowledge.  Knowledge in this business is power.
      *Go open some Redgage, shetoldme, Pinit, twitter, facebook, accounts and post, post, post.

1. the girls profile image68
        the girlsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your reply is very helpful to me as a new hubber. I have read many hub articles on how to increase traffic and yours is specific. Also, is adsense the only major money making activity aside from amazon?
        How long does adsense approve an application? When I published my first hub, they disapproved because they want more content... This same hub is gaining readership in HP though. Anyway, I published 3 more hubs already and still my adsense application is still pending.
        To my thinking, as a new hubber, is it important at this time to link my URL on the websites you have suggested or do I have to wait for my adsense application?
        Thanks in advance for your reply. I'll definitely appreciate other hubbers reply too.

2. mildforreal profile image63
        mildforrealposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this advise, as a new hubber, I have tried bringing traffic to my hubs but all to no avail, I'll try those sites you talked about. Meanwhile is there any other alternative to adsense? Because I have tried severally to get adsense account but it has been disapproved several times. I really need to get going and make money, what do i need to do. Thanks

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

You must have an Adsense account to make money on HubPages. It's necessary to qualify for all the other programs (except Amazon, but that will change soon).

You're in Nigeria, so you must have content published for at least 6 months before Adsense will even consider you.  Right now, I doubt your Hubs would satisfy them - your Hubs are short with no videos and no images.

I've written a Hub on how to find images you can use legally - you'll find a link on my profile.  You may also find my Hub on optimizing Hubs to make money helpful.

1. the girls profile image68
            the girlsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marisa for replying! I reviewed my adsense account and it says they are still doing the "crawl". Anyways, I'll wait for their final decision. In the meantime, I'll keep on writing more hubs :-) Warm regards, tc

Thanks for your advice, you mentioned other programs but they are all open to those resident in the USA, how do Igo about them since I'm in Nigeria. As for the images, I will visit the site you mentioned. Thanks.

I'm so grateful for your advise, all the other programs you mentioned are basically for those resident in USA. Pay pal don't even accept people resident in Nigeria. So how do I go about them?
          As for the images, I'll visit your site to see how I can get images. Thanks.

Unfortunately, Paypal is necessary if you want to join the HP Earnings Program. 

Even worse, if you're unable to join the HP Earnings Program, and have to rely on Adsense alone, your earnings potential on HubPages may be very limited.  Most people have found that since HP launched their own program, earnings from Adsense have dropped dramatically (because there are fewer slots where Adsense ads can appear on your Hubs).

It may be time to rethink your choice of sites, and look for sites which use Adsense as their main revenue source like Infobarrel or Xobba.

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
              Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure where you got that information, but that's not true.

If you have AdSense only, then you'll have 3 ad units and a link unit, just as before. That's what AdSense allows.

Some people have seen their AdSense earnings go down recently, but the honest ones have said their AdSense earnings have gone down elsewhere, or they're a matter of diminishing traffic. And for others, their revenue has gone up.

Oops,thanks for clarifying Jason. I tried disabling the HP Program and rely on Adsense for a month, and the Adsense earnings were pathetic in comparison with the HP Program the previous month.  I must admit I didn't look at my Hubs, but assumed there must have been layout changes which made Adsense less effective.  I guess the fact that others have been complaining made me jump to that conclusion.

3. Melis Ann profile image83
        Melis Annposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate the detailed information you list here. As a relatively new hubber, I want to make sure I'm following the right path and your advice makes good sense.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you advertise them on the social networks? Google likes popular websites.

2. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Sinea and Dale, tweaking, editing are all fine but don't unpublish. You hubs will lose their Google ranking and the effects of aging.IMHO.
    A couple of my hubs have benefited a lot from the tweaking and editing with better keywords that I found. I need to do more of this once the madness of this March challenge is over smile

Thanks sofs, for sharing!  Always sucking up great info....me, that is, not you. smile  I have worked some on keywords, and am still learning that.  Sort of an art if you will. smile

1. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dale, I hang around this forum because I learn more than I help... so you are not alone in this. Have  a lovely day smile

Thanks sofs, and you as well. smile

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tweaking and adding fresh content seems to have improved my view as well

Thank you as well, Reality Bytes....

3. Sinea Pies profile image62
      Sinea Piesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the great advice. Last night I did some tweaking on several of them. Didn't have it in me to write anything new so I thought it would be a valuable use of my time.  This WILL come back for all of us.  I know it will...and we will get better and better at what we do through the trials.

3. Dame Scribe profile image55
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't remove Hubs either sad you never know when somebody may come along and think, awesome! smile and return, share, etc. I would imagine maybe you're not finding your audience? figure out where they would be, where do you go? then find places online where they may be 'hanging out' wink edit, tweak and update is good but also, maybe ask somebody to critique and make suggestions how to improve. A different perspective is always good. smile

4. GmaGoldie profile image82
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

Thank you ALL for your great advice!

5. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Whether you are suffering with simply loss of traffic or whether you have been sandboxed like other HP members are 2 completely different things.. best you can do is to keep writing more hubs and backlinking your older ones with anchored high PR links.

6. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

If you have been hit by Panda (a lot of your pages seem to be absent from Google search) and you are getting very low views then deleting the poor performers could help.

There is a learning center page here:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Subd … of-Traffic

I noticed this rip off of one of your pages incidentally: hxxp://300tries.blogspot.com/2011_12_01_archive.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)