Happy Thanksmas...Merry Chrisgiving!

1. 0
    The Midlife Galsposted 7 years ago

I know you’ve already seen and heard commercials for Christmas, and it’s not even Thanksgiving!  Please explain this to me.  Please tell me that we are not so crass as to spew out ‘White Christmas’ over the grocery store sound system before December 1.  I’m all about holidays, but after awhile it makes me mad...like all the political commercials and stories over the last TWO friggin years...I was so mad by election day that I didn’t want to vote for ANYone.  I did vote, of course, and my team won.

Now, they're just skipping Thanksgiving and commercializing Christmas to the most heinous degree!  Let's VENT!

The Midlife Gals

2. Ray Saunders profile image61
    Ray Saundersposted 7 years ago

Meh...they really should just make Thanksgiving and Christmas one big holiday. Why not? Like you said..it already is, why not make it official?

3. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I find it annoying myself and it does take the true meanings of both Christmas and Thanksgiving out, it is always about trying to earn that extra dollar. Halloween was out in August and September and I found with my son , that he would not stop asking about it and became very anxious. I had to expalin to him in Mommy terms so that he understood. I believe that Christmas music should begin right after Thanksgiving like it used to be, thus eliminating any stress factors that many endure, as some become depressed by this. I love Christmas but I certainly will be happy when the new year is here. smile