jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hubs Full Of Bold Text - Why?

1. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

I have just been Hub Hopping. Of the twenty Hubs that I viewed, all of the text in every single Hub was in bold type. Why do people do this? Is it to grab the attention of the reader?

1. shimmering Dawn profile image83
      shimmering Dawnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When you copy paste text into capsules it does appear in boldface... You have to opt for the normal text... I had reported this earlier when I had gone hub hopping but it just didn't seem to get any attention.. this is an eyesore.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I always copy text and it never comes up bold. While for some it might be a mistake but some people are under the mistaken idea that it does draw more attention. It is also very easy to fix.

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

This has been mentioned as a glitch by some people before, but it apparently doesn't affect everyone.  I hope it has been reported directly to the staff.

I think one problem is that new people may not realize immediately that the bold font is a mistake.  If they have copied and pasted something that comes up bold, they might erroneously assume that is just the way things are on HubPages.

4. John Holden profile image59
    John Holdenposted 4 years ago

How about bold and underlined!

5. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

This used to happen to me as well, and it seemed to be linked to using different browsers. I would make a hub in Opera, and then when I started using Firefox instead, I would see hubs with all bold text.