hub-pages thinks I duplicated work from another site

1. CBCasey profile image60
    CBCaseyposted 4 years ago

I just published my first hub a few days ago. To promote my hub I went to a site and suggested a link from that site to my hub. An associate from the site emailed me and asked if I wanted him to post my whole review on the sites news-feed. I told him yes, and he posted it on the sites news-feed. About a day or so later hub-pages sent me an email saying that my content was found on another site and that duplicate content is not allowed. So how do I fix this situation? If I ask the associate of the site to remove it from the news-feed will Hub Pages recognize it as my content if I republish it? Is it against Hub Pages policy to re-post my own content on other sites?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Search engines hate unoriginal/duplicated content so it's just a good idea not to do it regardless of where you publish first.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Hubpages will allow you to publish content only if it is NOWHERE else online.

So if you have the article removed, and the Google recrawls and de-indexes it, and there are no other copies online, you shouldn't have any issues republishing it here.