jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Wrong questions receive wrong answers, any other idea?

1. Jynzly profile image72
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

I had asked this question in the Question but I cannot comment there so I moved to the forum so that we will have a good chance for discussion and exchange of ideas.

2. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

More information, please. This makes no sense to me at all.

1. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, don't understand what she means at all. More information please!

Jynzlyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cardisa,
        I asked this question because I noticed a lot of fallacious questions happening here in  Hubpages especially when they ask concerning religion and philosophy and walk of life....One question here stated to this effect..."If you are given the chance to create your own religion, what will it be?"
        By definition, the word religion is "to tie again" meaning "returning to spirituality" but in this question the one who asks mean religion as a church...he should ask like this "If you are given the chance to establish a church, what would it be?"

2. Jynzly profile image72

The Writers Dog,

This is a layman's question of what Logic calls a fallacy. Wrong questions are presumptuous or accusative;
      I give you a simple situation where a wrong question can happen; Mr. A asks Mr. B this question; "Why do you believe that the earth is square?" (In the first place Mr B does not believe that the earth is square.) So he may answer, I don't believe that the earth is square...but the question should be "Do you believe that the earth is square?" to get such an answer. Otherwise Mr B may answer "Because Magellan said it is square...so I believe it is square."
      In another point..."that the earth is square" is wrong...

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I believe the OP may be referring to this question:

http://hubpages.com/question/157967/can … e-to-leave

Can I delete all my hubs in hubpages if I decide to leave?

I can sense that my account here is being compromised and I get no help. If I decide to leave this site, can I get back all my hubs and delete them from this site?

-------------

In a short answer, yes.

You own ALL content you publish to Hubpages. You can remove it at any time and do whatever you wish with it.

The only thing to consider is that if someone has copied your hub/s and then you repost your content elsewhere, your new content will appear as a duplicate to search engines, because the spam duplicates will in that case appear to be older.

You can also delete your account if you wish.

WryLilt,
      Thank you for such information. That is exactly what I wanted to know when I posted my question...It was not because I planned to leave...I enjoy Hubpages too much to do that...but I had noticed that some spammer copied some of my hubs...it literally happened to me in forum before...I had reported it though. He/she duplicated my answer to answer the question I originally responded.
      Thanks again.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you remove your hubs while that spam still exists, then there content will appear to be the original.

Leave the hub up and file a DMCA so they have to remove it.

WryLilt,
          What is a DMCA? Sorry to ask, I honestly don't know what that is.

1. WryLilt profile image87
            WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

Is there a red C on your hub indicating someone has copied it? If so, you can click the link in the black bar and HP has a link to send a DMCA complaint. You can send it to the site, or the host depending on how difficult they make it to take down. If it's on a rev share site the content usually gets removed pretty fast.

WryLilt,
              Thank you so much for the information.
              Sorry for the bother.

working