Summer Hub Numbers

1. Max Dalton profile image81
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

Hi All:

I've been at this since November, so I don't have a proper frame of reference for how hubs do during the summer months. I suspect that page views drift downward in the summer and pick back up in the winter, but I just thought I'd get some insight from people who've been here longer.

Any thoughts on what to expect?

Best,

Max.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

What I've found has worked best for me is to compare my own traffic against myself, not others.  There are too many variables that make comparing against others nonproductive.  Once you get a years worth of stats down it will work better for you.

In general, anything that sends the bulk of your viewer audience away from their usual online habits will result in lower numbers.  This can include major holidays, bad weather, big sporting events, etc.  The US annual shift back from Daylight Savings results in less traffic just like it contributes to lower numbers of television viewers.  Those two things apparently have matched each other since someone decided to start tracking Internet activity and comparing it to tv.

However, depending on your content and niches, you can have Hubs that capitalize on various facets of those things so what is slow for one author is peak of the year for another.

3. Max Dalton profile image81
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

Thanks, Relache. That's kind of what I figured. I'll keep an eye on my numbers from day to day in the interim and then after a year I'll step back, look at the bigger picture and then evaluate that.

Best,

Max.

working